Thursday, January 06, 2005

Fed up

I finally got fed up with the character limit in my AIM profile. This seemed a decent way to write what I want with no size limit. Besides, I have a blog here and I always wanted to post it's address in my profile. But, I think it's too personal for "public" consumption at this point (Heck, it got too personal the second day after I started it! And it's three months old now!). Hey, if you find it though, more power to ya!
--------------------------------------------

Be wary of your words. They can mean so many different things to different people. Words can crush a heart and break a spirit. Yet, they can also give wings to our dreams and let us soar. Spoken words are a reflection of our hearts, and written words are a reflection of our spoken words. But, even written words have great power. Worse, written words are easier to misinterpert as compared to spoken words. Therefore, please, please be careful of the words you write. What may seem to be an innocent comment to you, may to another mean such things as to cause them to despair.

Why do I care so much about words? Because, for years my life was in complete and utter despair because of the spoken words of my peers. It's not something I like to talk about... Who likes to bring up as the subject of conversation their greatest pain? To make the story short, it began in kindergarten. I know most people get made fun of, but it seemed as though I was the only one. Every word, every caustic remark, every malicious statement cut me to the core of my spirit. I avoided people my age, because all I got from them was more pain. Because of this, I "grew up" much quicker than I would have liked. I acted more adult because adults were the only people to accept me it seemed. Then, I made a friend. His name isn't neccessary. Those of you who know me will know him. He accepted me for who I was and showed me that not everyone was against me. He showed me how not every comment at me was meant to be mean. Some were only in jest. I don't know who I would be without him, but for once in my life, I was accepted. Now, eight years later, the wounds are finally almost healed. I don't expect you to understand the power of words through this speech, but I do expect you to understand why I feel so strongly about them.
--------------------------------------------

Quotes from CS Lewis-

"The heart never takes the place of the head: but it can, and should, obey it."

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained."

"If you are really a product of a materialistic universe, how is it that you don't feel at home there?"

"This year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed to practise ourselves the kind of behaviour we expect from other people."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your articles - they so describe my feelings; however even though I can tell you are a Christian, why do you post your astrological sign? Do you not know these signs are of the devil?
They are grouped with soothsayers, etc. which Christians are told to avoid.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web www.damavster.blogspot.com