Friday, January 07, 2005

Well, quotes are cool

I couldn't help it. After finding those CS Lewis quotes, I had to find quotes from other famous people, funny quotes, and some from myself. Here they are. And following the quotes is something I wrote.
----------------------------------

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.
- InfoWorld Magazine

My wordly Uncle- "Andrew, life is a buffet. You shouldn't starve yourself!"
Me- "I don't want to over eat either!"

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
- Mother Teresa

Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.
- Anonymous
^That one cracked me up.

Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work.
- Thomas Edison

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
- Sidney J. Harris

I stopped believing in Santa Claus when my mother took me to see him in a department store, and he asked for my autograph.
- Shirley Temple

I'm humble and proud of it!
- Me

Chance favors the prepared mind.
- Louis Pasteur
----------------------------------

I cannot end my post without the obligatory article authored by myself. So, here it is.


The recipe for a dream-

Ingredients
A heart full of hope
Ripe imagination
Distilled wonder
Sense of awe
Pure desire
Extract of Joy

Instructions
Add to the ripe imagination two parts wonder, seasoned with awe. Blend well with only the purest of desire. Let set until the extract of joy can be easily added. Pour over heart full of hope. Serves: As many as all, as few as one.

Dreams are what make the wait worth the wait, the reward worth the cost and make life in general worth the living. Without dreams, we have goals to reach. A quota. A simple task. With dreams, you desire what may be considered unattainable, reach for what is unreachable and look for what is invisible. Life for me would not be the same without dreams. I speak not of the random processes of thought going through your mind as you slumber, but of true dreams. Desires, hopes, our greatest wants. They are what we strive throughout our entire lives to reach, but only a very few will be obtained. Many are the seeds planted in spring, but only a few will grow to become flowers…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web www.damavster.blogspot.com